I would like share my list of useful software which I feel "can't leave without it" for my windows 7 laptop.
Every time I got a new laptop I need to install these software to ensure that I can work smoothly as I normally do. And when I borrowing somebodies machine, I will miss most of them very much.
They are really helpful in day to day activities on the laptop and best of all, they are all free!'
Here they are:
--------- Desktop Tools
- CLCL - Clipboard multi copy and paste (http://www.nakka.com/soft/clcl/index_eng.html)
- Autohot key - Powerful automation and scripting for windows gui (http://www.autohotkey.com/)
- Magic Disc - Mount ISOs as Virtual Drives and access the content normally (http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm)
- 7zip - Compress / uncompress, zip, gz, tar, rar etc (http://www.7-zip.org/)
- Strokeplus - Mouse gesture command, why you are too lazy to reach keyboard to press enter or to type certain keys (http://www.strokesplus.com/)
- Backup Script / robocopy - Utilzing windows robocopy internal program to copy only updated files to external hard drive.
- WinDirStat - Display disk mapping based on file / folder size (https://windirstat.info/)
- GIMP- Open source image edition with lots of features, something like photoshop (http://www.gimp.org/)
- InkScape - Open source vector graphic editing (http://www.inkscape.org/en/)
- Picasa - Manage my photos and for minor corrections (http://picasa.google.com/)
- Blender - 3D drawing and animation creator (http://www.blender.org/)
---------- Multi Media
- Camstudio - screen movement capturing as movie (http://camstudio.org/)
- VLC - VideoLan Media player with lots of features (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html)
-------- Audio Processing
- mp3cutter - Cut MP3 file (http://www.asoftwareplus.com/mp3-cutter.html)
- kid3 - Update the meta information for MP3 files (http://kid3.sourceforge.net/)
- Audacity - Powerful audio mixer (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)
--------- Note taking / Editor
- Evernote - Note taking, multi platform cloud sync (https://evernote.com/)
- Google Keep - Quicklist multi platfrom with cloud sync (https://keep.google.com/)
- Xmind - Mind mapping program (http://www.xmind.net/)
- GloboNote - Very good 'post-it-notes' for desktop only. If sync to cloud not a required feature, this is the best choice. (http://globonote.info/)
- Skype - Commnunication, text chatting, Voip, Video (http://www.skype.com/en/)
- Virtual box - To run Virtual Machines on the laptop (https://www.virtualbox.org/)
- Printer / Scanner Drivers - Home printers, office printers
- Bamboo Dock - My drawing tab
Let me know what are your favorite software tools, I may wan't to add them into my list too. :)
May God help us to perform our tasks at our best and merit them as goodness.
2014-0817 (201433 Sun) 22:29:42 MYT-8